Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Recently I have rediscovered Koontz and King, those author guys. I have to say, it is definitley a refreshing break from the heavy non-fiction I've been so engrossed in. I can just flow through the pages, letting the prose build images in my mind. Right know I'm reading Dreamcatchers, by King, and it's going pretty good. I just finished reading "The Face" by Koontz, and despite all the fantasy I can still pick out the authors philosophy, and I'm not sure if I like it.

I have kind of always thought that an author cannot escape expressing his values in his or her writing. I'm pretty sure Koontz believe in God, doesn't like the concept of memes, or universties, and I'm willing to bet that he can't stand deconstructionist philosophy... I mean I couldn't care less about deconstructionist philoopshy, but memes? Come on Koontz... I still like the guy, his work is igniting a lost part of myself: my imagination. And I like seeing the philosophy in the fiction, it's uniting worlds for me even, however, it just makes me twinge when a beloved concept of mine is held with disdain by one of my favorite authors... I mean, we're suppose to agree on stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment